Is Your “Jesus” the True Jesus?
It may come as a surprise that the “Jesus” taught and worshipped in many churches does not reflect the Jesus in the Bible. Where can you find the true Jesus?
“Jesus is my Savior!”
Many people declare these words. But is the Jesus that many speak about the real Jesus?
Is it possible that there could be more than one Jesus adored in the many churches of Christendom? Could it be that the Jesus you worship is not the Jesus found in the Bible?
The Bible declares that this is possible. The apostle Paul warns, “For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!” (2 Corinthians 11:4, emphasis added).
It is possible to believe and teach an alternative Jesus from the one revealed in the four Gospels of the Bible—a Jesus who is of a different spirit and teaches a different gospel!
How to spot another Jesus
When you analyze the Jesus taught in most mainstream Christian churches, you will find many details taught about Him that are totally unbiblical. For instance:
- A newborn Jesus who was visited in a stable by three wise men on a wintry night in late December.
- A Jesus who died on a cross on Friday afternoon and was resurrected Sunday morning.
- A Jesus who wore long hair and always stood out among a crowd by having different clothing and appearance.
- A Jesus who liberated humanity from the harsh, authoritarian, law-giving God the Father.
- A Jesus who will return briefly to rapture away His followers to heaven, leaving the earth devoid of all Christians.
All of these teachings about Jesus are false. They do not reflect the true Jesus Christ found in the Bible. (And, believe it or not, these are just a few examples!)
It is possible to believe and teach an alternative Jesus from the one revealed in the four Gospels of the Bible—a Jesus who is of a different spirit and teaches a different gospel!Characteristics of the true Jesus
There is a true Jesus who is totally different from the common conception. He is the Jesus that you can be introduced to by reading the pages of your Bible. This is the Jesus we, at Life, Hope & Truth, strive to proclaim and reveal in our publications.
Here are some surprising facts about the true Jesus found in your Bible:
- He was born in the pleasant weather of probably the late summer or autumn while sheep and shepherds were outdoors in the pastures day and night (Luke 2:8).
- He was a member of a large family, the eldest of at least seven children (Matthew 13:55-56).
- He was regarded a teacher by Jews of the day (John 1:49; 3:2).
- He wore His hair short, as was common among Jews of the day and as was taught in the Bible (1 Corinthians 11:1, 14).
- He maintained a close and obedient relationship to God the Father (John 5:36; 6:57; 17:25).
- He was entombed three days and three nights, from Wednesday evening to Saturday evening, rising from the dead long before the women’s early Sunday morning arrival at the open, empty tomb (see our article “Sign of Jonah: Did Jesus Die Good Friday, Rise on Easter?”).
- He proclaimed the coming of a new and marvelous society, the Kingdom of God, here on planet earth with peace, safety, happiness, spiritual growth and well-being to be shared by virtually all who ever lived (Mark 1:14; Revelation 11:15; 20:12-13).
How did the churches’ view of Jesus get so far offtrack? Why would so many, down through the centuries, believe in a false Jesus?
The answers to these questions are found in the fact that Satan the devil “deceives the whole world” (Revelation 12:9). He has even deceived mainstream Christianity into believing in an alternative Jesus.
Finding the true Jesus
How can you find the true Jesus? The Bible reveals that there would be a small group of people—known as the Church of God—who would “keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus” (Revelation 14:12). You can find the true Jesus by reading the Bible and by finding the Church that faithfully obeys God’s commandments and proclaims the true, biblical faith of Jesus.
This website, sponsored by the Church of God, a Worldwide Association, strives to obey God’s commandments and proclaim the true faith of Jesus Christ. We encourage you to check our material in your own Bible and to learn about the many teachings of the Bible that are neglected in mainstream Christianity.
You will be surprised at what you learn!
To learn more about the true Jesus Christ revealed in the Bible, read the articles in the section “Who Is Jesus?”